Contract License Position – Raleigh Office
WHO SHOULD APPLY – Full Life Counseling & Recovery seeks a contract licensed clinician who shares our strong commitment to top notch professionalism, expert services and compassionate care to individuals and families affected by substance use. To know if you would be a good fit for this particular opportunity, consider the following questions.
- Are you an addiction professional who believes passionately in the hope for recovery from addiction?
- Do you appreciate the importance of affording as much dignity and respect as possible to the recovery process?
- Have you reviewed our website closely? Do your values match our Values Statement?
- Are you licensed as an LPC, LCSW or LPA? Are you eligible for LCAS or already licensed?
- Can you work in our Raleigh office (near the Angus Barn) every Wednesday evening and at least 4-6 additional hours during the week?
- Do you have considerable experience working with private-pay clients?
- Do have a strong understanding of 12-step recovery?
- Do you balance motivational interviewing with compassionate directive therapy for individuals and families affected by substance use?
- Do you possess the heart of a counselor, the drive of an entrepreneur, and the confidence of a seasoned professional?
If these descriptions sound like you, then you could be a great addition to the Full Life team!
On the other hand, if you really don’t fit all of those descriptions, please save us all the trouble and decide now that this is not the best job for you. Seriously, please do not apply if you do not have a full, unrestricted license as an LPC or LCSW or if you must answer “no” to any of the other questions above. There could be other opportunities for you with us in the future, but for this specific opportunity, the requirements are really very firm.
OFFICE LOCATION – 8801 Fast Park Dr., Raleigh, NC
SCHEDULE – Wednesdays, 5:30 – 8:30pm plus an additional 4-8 hours according to your scheduling preferences.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – Graduate degree in Counseling, Social Work or Psychology with full, unrestricted licensure as an LPC or LCSW; eligible for LCAS. If in personal recovery, must have at least 2 years of continuous sobriety and work an active recovery program. Must demonstrate a strong command of correct grammar in both speaking and writing. Must agree to utilize Theranest, our web-based electronic medical record system and work as a part of the Full Life team even though it is based in Winston-Salem (which means communicating regularly through email, text, videoconferencing and scan/fax/email as needed).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – Fully-licensed LCAS; professional experience with Gorski-CENAPS Relapse Prevention; experience providing addiction recovery counseling with impaired professionals; specialized training in DBT, EMDR, EFT, somatic experiencing or evidence-based models of care. The ideal candidate would have both a passion for supporting recovery and an entrepreneurial spirit, thus someone who is poised to grow the small, part-time satellite office of Full Life into a full-time operation similar to our Winston-Salem office.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Deliver high-quality professional services consistent with the Full Life model, values and culture in our Raleigh office. Services include intakes, individual and group counseling, including Relapse Prevention Group following the Gorski-CENAPS model.
- Maintain clinical documentation in Theranest for all clients served according to practice standards
- Collaborate with Clinical Director, Office Manager and Client Services Representatives related to client services for scheduling, client accounting and service delivery
- Meet monthly with Clinical Director for orientation, discussion of intakes, review cases and general collaboration to insure consistency in quality and model of service delivery, values and culture.
- Collaborate with Clinical Director and Outreach Specialist to strengthen referral streams in the Triangle area, depending upon level of interest in expanding the position from contract to full-time
- Collaborate with the Leasing Manager for ACCESS Office Business Center as the Full Life representative operating in the ACCESS facilities at 8801 Fast Park Dr., Raleigh, NC.
- Provide timely submission of quarterly reports to professional monitoring boards and respond consistent with practice policy when contacted by the NCPHP, NC LAP and other professional organizations
WAGES – This is a contract position and pays a 50% commission in bi-monthly direct deposit payments. That rate is currently $60/individual session and $30/group member/group. Compensation is dependent upon both service delivery and timely, completed documentation in Theranest. Contract clinicians turn in Service Delivery Logs to the Office Manager no later than 3 days before the bi-monthly payroll date. Please note that this is a 1099-contract position, therefore no taxes are withheld from paychecks. We strongly recommend that contract clinicians seek advice from an accountant or tax specialist to make sure that adequate funds are paid quarterly and/or set aside for self-employment tax payments in the coming year.
CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS – During the application and hiring process, the contractor applicant shall provide a completed Full Life Counseling & Recovery application, copy of CV or resume, signed agreement to authorize background check and reference checks, and submit to a urine drug test. Upon hire, the contractor shall provide a copy of their current driver’s license, professional liability insurance coverage summary, licensure, graduate school transcript and TB attestation. The contractor is responsible for paying for his/her own professional liability insurance, continuing education and credentialing and providing verification of renewals annually.
SUPERVISION & OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT – This position reports to the Clinical Director. If full licensure as an LCAS is incomplete, the Clinical Director will provide weekly supervision utilizing videoconferencing technology to supplement monthly, in-person meetings in Raleigh. The immediate goal of the current hiring initiative is to transition to a new clinician familiar with the Triangle area to meet the current client load (one 2-hour relapse prevention group and approximately 6 individual therapy clients). However, ideally, the person hired in this position will be open to and/or excited to help grow this into a full-time Raleigh office.
HOW TO APPLY –
- BY EMAIL – Send an email to email@example.com with your resume details pasted into the email. Be sure to include “cover letter” information in the email as well to share why you are applying. BE SURE TO AVOID ATTACHING ANY DOCUMENTS TO THE EMAIL IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION. NO ATTACHED RESUMES WILL BE OPENED.
- BY FAX – Send cover letter and resume to 704-625-3617.
- BY MAIL – Send cover letter and resume to Full Life Counseling, 983 Mar Don Dr., Winston-Salem, NC 27104