Part Time Client Services Representative
WHO SHOULD APPLY – If you possess strong communication and organizational skills, a strong acceptance of confidentiality as an absolute priority and have a passionate commitment to helping those in distress, we hope you’ll keep reading to find out if your skills match our culture. Our private addiction-specific counseling practice serves a variety of individuals and families, and we have a strong commitment to treating every single one of them with dignity and respect. The circumstances that bring them in are hard enough, and we want them to experience Full Life as a safe place where every single member of our team reminds them that they are important and deserving of excellent customer service. Maintaining their private and confidentiality is one of the most important ways we do that, but how we communicate with them matters just as much. We serve terrified parents, angry adolescents, and demoralized adults. But we also serve people who are hopeful and optimistic as the journey of recovery unfolds. We get a chance to see those who were once terrified, angry or demoralized transform into hopeful, tolerant and strong people determined to keep getting better. If you have a strong desire to be a part of a team that brings top notch professionalism, expert services and compassionate care to individuals and families affected by substance use, you could be a great addition to our team.
On the other hand, if you find yourself impatient with those who seem hell-bent on ruining their lives, you get annoyed when people forget appointments or complain to you, or the experiences in your personal life cause you to have little compassion for those addicted to alcohol or other drugs, please do not apply. We understand that there are lots of very good reasons for those thoughts and feelings. We do not begrudge your right to have them, but we know that if you do, you will not be a good fit with our culture. In this job, the clients we work with have a lot of “drama” in their lives. Those whose personal lives also have a lot of drama will find that it’s hard to have the patience and composure for our work environment. Let’s save us all the trouble and decide now that this is not the best job for you.
OFFICE LOCATION – 983 Mar Don Dr., Winston-Salem, NC 27104
SCHEDULE – Mondays, 9:30am-5pm (7 hrs w/ 30 min lunch), Tuesdays, 9:30am-5pm (7 hrs) and Thursdays, 9:30am-1:30pm (4 hrs) for a total of 18 hours per week. Our office is closed for major holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & the day after, and Christmas Day & 2 additional days). We respect that other celebration days can be very important to some individuals, therefore, those who wish to be off on Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Ramadan, etc. are eligible to do so.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – High school graduation, reliable transportation, business casual attire and professional appearance. Must be extremely comfortable using web-based services, email and Microsoft Office software. Comfortable learning the web-based electronic health record system, Theranest. Willing to answer and make telephone calls throughout the day, tolerate interruptions and maintain calm, compassionate voice at all times. Must be able to demonstrate a strong command of correct grammar in both speaking and writing. Although a training period is expected, it is essential to become able to differentiate between those calls that represent true emergencies versus clients in great distress who are able to wait. Although we love all our current and former clients, we cannot employ anyone who has received services within 2 years.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – Some college coursework and experience in a professional office environment. Strong preference for someone who has worked in a counseling or medical practice. Prefer someone who has a current driver’s license and their own reliable vehicle. Those who have an understanding of addiction and recovery are encouraged to apply, including those in recovery. If in personal recovery, must have at least 6 months of continuous sobriety and an active recovery program.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Act as the first point of contact for new and returning clients and professional colleagues. That means presenting a balance of strong administrative competence with a welcoming and kind spirit.
- Answer the primary phone line promptly and with a spirit of helpfulness and cooperation. Transfer calls to the appropriate voicemail as needed and verbally communicate general information about scheduling with team members in routine interactions.
- Make, cancel and reschedule appointments in Theranest (our web-based electronic health record)
- Answer basic questions about Full Life Counseling & Recovery (ie. directions, hours of availability, and basic questions about fees and insurance) and direct callers to speak with our Outreach Specialist, Recovery Residence Manager or Clinical Director to answer more in-depth questions.
- Data entry of new and updated client demographics in Theranest
- Assist with treatment matching data collection and document preparation
- Facilitate scanning and faxing or emailing documents upon request
WAGES & BENEFITS – This is an hourly position and pays $10/hour. Full Life Counseling & Recovery hopes to offer a benefits package in the future, but at this time, the only benefit is the capacity to deposit a portion of earned wages towards an employee-funded healthcare savings account.
SUPERVISION & OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT – This position reports to the Office Manager and the Clinical Director. It represents approximately ½ of one full-time Client Services Representative position, and there is an opportunity for this position to grow from P/T to F/T for the right person in 2-24 months.
HOW TO APPLY –
- BY EMAIL – Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume details pasted into the email. Be sure to include “cover letter” information in the email as well to share why you are applying. BE SURE TO AVOID ATTACHING ANY DOCUMENTS TO THE EMAIL IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION. NO ATTACHED RESUMES WILL BE OPENED.
- BY FAX – Send cover letter and resume to 704-625-3617.
- BY MAIL – Send cover letter and resume to Full Life Counseling, 983 Mar Don Dr., Winston-Salem, NC 27104